Monday, July 17, 2006
@2:21 AM
Childlike faith.
What a common term, yet one that I have so much room to grow in. I remember this is the 1st term that I kept emphasising to Victor when I started off bible study with him, and in everything I would link it to childlike faith. God is really a good God for placing me in a youth cell group, there's so much for me to learn from all the younger ones. Was reading Yuling's blog, and she was able to make a simple Saturday KTV cum dinner, and a Sunday
short lunch sound so fun. Reading it really placed a big smile on my face, to know that we all had fun together. And guys, it was awesome to hear people like Wenlong and Yuling sing solo for the 1st time! I'm so proud to have so many arty people in my cell group...the singers, dancers, artists (nope, not drawers!)- you name it, you have it. Talentime 2007, watch out for E348!
I am beginning to love fellowshipping with my cell group more. (Yes, I know you guys are saying "I knew it!") =) With them, alright, no doubt I am entertained much by the 'funnest' people like Victor that no cell group can do without (synonymous with the Fast Food song), but more than that, I can feel a true joy exuding from this bunch of young people who are truly in love with Jesus.
Sometimes its good to put away your intellect for awhile and just be like a child. If you want your lollipop, you don't hesitate but ask for it. When you want to laugh, you do it with no inhibitions. And when someone bullies you, you run straight into Daddy's arms and cry like it doesn't bother you.
Although being a child seems so fun and easy, it's not easy to be a child. Yes, that's irony in itself. It's not easy to ask for a handiplast when you need it sometimes, and that's where pride has to dissolve and the masquerade has to be torn down.