Sunday, September 17, 2006
@12:48 AM
The photos were not very nice, & didn't take that many of them, so most probably will not post them up here. =) So many thoughts are running through my head now, but of course I'll not pen down everything for privacy reasons.
Well, going to the US alone on this week-long business trip has certainly widen my horizons alot. Many things I've learnt, be it spoken or unspoken, obvious or subtle. Admittedly, there was much fear of having to find my way through the various transit points hoping not to get lost, staying alone in the hotel, travelling everywhere I wanted to go alone, relating to people of different cultures and positions...okay, that should be fearS with an 'S', not just fear.
But who ever said we won't face fear? Just got to face it head-on & overcome it. My reality has been changed, & a clear message that God has been speaking to me on this trip is really about going upwards. It's been awesome, the people I meet are 90% managers from all over the world, and only a teeny weeny few of us are in non- managerial positions (yet). I've learnt how to communicate professionally, how to carry myself with poise and confidence amidst them, how to overcome physical tiredness & still work with energy, how to live at their level and beyond. I've learnt how to lay aside physical sickness and draw strength from deep down inside, how to put away thoughts of wanting to go home because I miss my family, how to remove distractions & thoughts not from God, how to be independent & how to say 'no' if need be, especially when you are in sales and you meet people you need to gain favor with who may demand certain things out of your set of personal convictions. I've gained much being alone: revelations, reflections, and to look back at how good God has been. I've done it!
Now, I'm ready to give my best and run against the tide to make a difference.