<body> <body>

Saturday, September 09, 2006 @12:38 AM

And so, in another..let's see, 4 hrs plus, I will be starting my 24 hour journey to the States. First business trip and first trip travelling solo (& to somewhere with a time difference of 12 hours!)- wow, time to break some mindsets and learn how to be an independent woman!

Shall not mention too much about the trip and feelings and all, will leave that aside. But I guess I just want to share about how good God has been to me in my first career so far. It's awesome, and I'm kind of amazed at myself that I'm enjoying work: the kan-chiong-spider feeling & stress, inclusive! Let's start with the first:

1) This business trip to Ohio! My boss was telling me "Before you were even employed officially into this company, we have already bought you an air ticket." It's an honor & really God's favor to be able to go to US on my very 1st business trip (wanted to type mission trip..haha!), and what's more, in the 6th week of my employment!

2) The favor I have enjoyed in tremendous volume from my colleagues, and being able to blend in and communicate with them. It's really important to find people willing to teach you, because if they do not like you and therefore zip up information from you on how to do things, you're finished. I thank God for colleagues who are willing to go beyond their call of duty to help newbie me out, and also for the energy to shine for Jesus (you must know I'm not your typical hyper super energizer bunny...)

3) Being able to have the possesion of one of my iron-rice-bowl brands, after my boss had announced during meeting that it will be transferred to another sub-division of the company. Everyone was shocked that I had spent only 5 minutes talking to boss, yet was able to gain the brand back, because when some things have been decided and said, it's not easy to take it back (shall not go into details). All boss said was "I'm glad you are assertive, alright, I will give it back to you." Awesome God.

4) Lastly (for now), I have gotten my 1st tender! As I was submitting my tender last week (tenders are submitted by companies when they require larger volume of products), my colleagues and boss were telling me to take it easy and just treat it as an experience, because never once (in my colleague's words) have they gotten a tender for the area I'm covering. But something in me refused to believe that, and PTL, coz today, I got my purchase order for some of my tendered products! Everyone was really excited too, coz we got a tender, and a newbie 'anyhow bom also can get it'!

Alright, it has been a long entry, but I jsut want to say that God has never failed to show up to encourage me and show me hope through things like these. It's not so much that I want to be overtly proud, but I want to tell the world that there is a spiritual covering that exists over the people of God, and we can rest assured that as we remain faithful, we will live in the land of blessings and little surprises and miracles will come our way to brighten up our life. I'm on my toes for what is about to unfold next...

See you guys next Sat! I'll try to log on to MSN & hopefully see you! Till then, have a great week ahead, and to O and A levelers, shine for Jesus this week! =) You'll walk under the same spiritual covering too!

& PROFILE

Zoe Gabrielle Teo

& SPEAK


& ARCHIVES

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010



Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap - Frou Frou