<body> <body>

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 @1:42 AM

Sometimes its cool to be around lots of intelligent students. And its a blessing that lots are located in the very vicinity of...my cell group! Interesting revelations do stem out of our conversations, & I 'wow' myself even. (in other words, I shock myself). And to think that they are only averaging 17-18 years of age, & some even younger!

Was talking to one of them and sharing about what I always told my BS students, that we can never depend upon everyone to make a difference, despite the best and most inspiring cg messages/ services. Imagine: can you light up a whole box of matchsticks by striking them all at the same time? However, to start a fire, one matchstick will do the job. A revival in the cell group is never started by everyone, but all it takes is one who will say: 'I want to rise up, be that spark, and start the fire. If it has to be anyone, why not let it be me?' Once a spark is created, it will spread like flames of wildfire that will engulf the hearts of every other provoked person, who will not take it lying down, and will say 'if you can make a difference, why can't I?'. Soon, the whole cg will be set in flames no one can extinguish. As the intelligent student I was speaking to put it, this is called activation energy. Chemistry chemistry...!

Everyday as I work, I want to believe that my presense will bless people around me. I want to shock people. I want people around me to know that why settle for blending into the wallpaper, taking the easy path, and earning the nominal pay; when there's much greater to be acheived, greater revival flames to set ablaze? I constantly remind myself- my actions and speech have to reveal Jesus, they have to stand above the norm, they have to shock. SHOCK...i love that word- it almost always carries an exclamation mark to it.

Well, have you shocked someone recently? Have you ever attempted to be a spark, rather than wait for the fire to consume you? No? Then how about starting...today...now?

& PROFILE

Zoe Gabrielle Teo

& SPEAK


& ARCHIVES

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010



Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap - Frou Frou