Wednesday, February 21, 2007
@1:57 AM
Before I begin, just wanna say a million thanks to the many who have tagged and left a message in some way or another, regardless of content, on my tagboard! Thanks for reading, but especially thanks for your words of encouragement! They mean so much! Wanted to say that so many times, tried tagging to reply to you guys, but something wrong with my blogger I think, can't tag. So Jamie, Vann, Yuling, Ade, Roy, Janet, Val, Vic and Charles, this is for you! =)
Also to :), in response to your question on what is life, this is my simplified definition:
An exciting journey equating to a rollercoaster ride. You have your downs, but the ups will come along soon! Hold on tight and enjoy the ride! Alright now time to begin proper on what I have to say...
The word 'effectiveness' has been very much on my mind the last few days. How effective my ministry, my work, my efforts, my relationships are...the degree to which my actions have impacted and influenced others, these have been a point of reflection, even as I want to engage my world in a deeper way.
We talk alot about wanting to MAKE IT HAPPEN. But what specifically do we want to see happen, and what is the action plan for it to happen? Does the plan lie in a 'maybe-someday-I-will-try' route, or will it really take place? Does the state of what you see provoke you to want to change it, travail in prayer for it, fast for it, carry a burden for it so much so that it will bring tears to your eyes? I believe there are many things that we feel strongly for or about, but how often do we talk about it and bring it up? Have contentment become commonplace for us, have we come to the place where we no longer want to move ahead? It really scared me even as that came to my mind, because it dawned upon me that being there is like being attacked by cancer and not being in the knowledge of it till the final stages where medical attention no longer warrants recovery.
As I look at my life, I do feel there is so much more room for growth, room for me to feel so much for something till I can literally feel the pain of wanting to see it come to pass on my heart. I want to be known as a Zoe who is passionate. Passion propels you to move on and try again in spite of failure, it makes you want to drop everything and put all your effort into giving it your best shot.
Zoe the passionate singer.
Zoe the passionate worker.
Zoe the passionate leader.
Zoe the passionate friend.
Zoe the passionate servant.I like the sound of that. =)