Monday, November 05, 2007
@1:02 AM
Was speaking to a friend online and that gave birth to the inspiration for this post. Thanks, friend! ;)
Hab 2:3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.Gen 18:14 "
Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.” I believe in a God who can supply all my needs. The word of God has said that it is through prayer and fasting that one inherits the kingdom's promises, and I put my faith in that. God has never shortchanged me, neither has he failed me. Sometimes the vision may tarry, the revival may come lateR than anyone else, the finances may start pouring in lateR than your peers, the career path may seem to be fraught with bumps; BUT at the end it will come.
Never did I imagine that I could last the 3 days aka 62 hours of fasting, but I always knew that action speaks louder than words. I wanted my actions to touch the heart of God, and I wanted a heart more sensitive to what God wanted for my life in this season. I'm glad that I've done it! =)
God spoke to Abram that he will have a son. It almost seemed IMpossible, but God intervened at the opportune moment. He loves to show up and shout "SURPRISE!". That is MY GOD.
James 5:7 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.Yes, the farmer sows. And waits. Patiently for the time of the latter rain, where fruit will be in abundance. Good things takes time to come forth. The good of the land is reserved for the patient and perservering at heart.
Zech 10:1 Ask the LORD for rain in the time of the latter rain. The LORD will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, grass in the field for everyone. Joel 2:23-24 Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God; for He has given you the former rain faithfully, and He will cause the rain to come down for you—The former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil.Keep doing what is right. There will always be an opposition party laid in your path, but that only serves to assure you that what you are doing is of value, and the devil needs to mobilise his forces against it. Keep asking, keep praying, keep fasting.
God has been good so many times before, He will continue to be good, and even better. In the words of my friend, "Before a breakthrough will come a purifying season, so just stay the course and keep praying, sure will end well by end of this year. Somemore you fasted 3 days lor! Never shake heaven, also got shake hell." Haha, copied exactly with Singlish and all.
The voice of truth always tells a different story. Do not focus on the present, but be on the forefront of your expectations. We serve a God who is all ready to bless extravagantly, so be not afraid to ask for the latter rain. It is for an appointed season, but it will surely come.
God I
ASK for revival in my life, in my ministry, in my career, in my finances, in my mindset...it's time to speak to the mountains today.