<body> <body>

Friday, January 18, 2008 @12:28 AM

A nutcase consists of...walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, brazilnuts, camel-brand nuts, farmer-brand nuts, and imanut.

The lattermost referring to how I may have joined the nut family.

People really do come in all shapes and sizes, just as nuts do.

I'm speaking in parables.

Must be the stress from all the weekly tests and exams and expectations and...(no, I'm not still in NUS).

Phoebe, can I scream like you do? Maybe we could head to Labrador Park together, that's an awesome place to do so. Haha!

Alright, just in case the 1st post of the year seems too irrelevant, I'll share something more in-the-face, not needing any form of intepretation.

Have been on attachment at Centrepoint and Toa Payoh this week, at the Xndo Centres. An interesting discovery I've made is that even around the 230-530pm window, there are still throngs of people walking down town, and sometimes, I have a habit of observing people and their habits around me very closely. I love to think about what may be going through people's minds, why they do what they do. I love to put a voice to the thoughts of people. Yes, I too wonder why I did not choose to major in Sociology in Uni. Perhaps I may have stood a chance at ace-ing my FYP if I did. ;)

Anyway, for the 3 days that I've walked past Centrepoint in the day, amidst the many people selling their art through painting and songs, selling lottery tickets, watches, and the likes; I noticed a very small-build granny with a seemingly benign disposition sitting in her wheelchair selling tissue paper. Yes, we all had our fair share of meeting people wanting to sell us tissue packs. But yet, something about her caught me through the 3 days that I kept walking past her. She sat there the whole day, even till the time I knocked off @ 730pm. Even though I havn't spoken to her, yet I guess it was her gentle and loving spirit that attracted me to her: she really reminded me of Popo. I remembered someone telling me that if giving someone a simple dollar note could make their day and you could see them smile, then how willing will you be to do that?

As Christians, we mostly have no problems to give to God. And yes, probably some of us are starting to learn to give to the people around us. But yet, notice how often was the last time you gave to a complete stranger? And when you give, what is the motivation? To avoid being bugged further down the road to give again, or simply to look good in front of others?

On 31st Dec 07, when everyone was out partying, I was in my cosy home reflecting on the year past and my goals for the new year. My guiding verse for 2008 comes from Rom 8:28, where it says that ALL things work together for the GOOD of those who LOVE God. As I wanted to live a life under the will of God, under His umbrella, overflowing with blessings, God spoke to me that the only way for all things to work together for my good was for me to love Him. And loving Him simply meant...loving the thing that was most important to Him: people.

I've not really taken time aside to share this, but as I looked back on 2007, after listing down all my victories, I decided to single out my greatest victory of 07, and it really moved me to tears when I realised how important relationships was to me. I used to believe in "the power of one", and by that I meant the power of being a lone ranger in life, but when I finally decided to resurrect certain relationships in my life then did I realise how much people meant to me. And you are right, my greatest victory was the resurrected friendship. Thanks for being so big-hearted to accept me into your life again.

Back to Centrepoint Granny: and so I decided to put a smile on her face by giving her a dollar note through my days there. And though we still did not say again through the 3 days, her cheery smile spoke volumes. And it made me feel very good, very happy, very blessed.

I feel less nutty already, after saying all these. =)

& PROFILE

Zoe Gabrielle Teo

& SPEAK


& ARCHIVES

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010



Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap - Frou Frou