Wednesday, March 26, 2008
@2:06 PM
This post is going to be inspired by my dear friend, Jamie (yes, you!). I never would have blogged about this had I not been directed to your blog by Diana. Haha...
Anyway, it's crazy to be sick on off days. Tues and Weds are typically my off days, Tues for leader's meetings and Weds for family days. On Monday night I thought it must have been the lack of rest leading to the vertigo feeling, so kinda rushed thru doing my CMS and went to bed. Or perhaps it was the sambal egg I ate that smelt wierd. The rest's history when 10hours later and lotsa puking and diarrhoea-inspired visits to the toilet, I found myself contemplating whether to visit my doctor which was a 10min walk away. Pros were that I would get well faster; cons were that I was worried I would faint while walking there coz I wasn't able to stand a min without seeing stars and didn't really like to invest in doctors.
While contemplating, my boss called and asked me to attend a media event/interview with her tomorrow. That got my adrenaline pumping coz it was definitely an honor to be selected to represent the company on the news! And that got me going to the doctor's. I looked like I was going to pass out any moment and was so tempted to ask if I could go ahead of the other patients. Haha...Anyway, the doc was really hilarious to watch practising coz he was saying "its really strange that you have such a high fever together with your vomitting and diarrhoea episodes...something must be wrong...if the high fever doesn't subside in 3 days then you may need to be admitted to the hospital..." Okay this doc likes to use the hospital thing on me- the other time being 2 years back when I had bronchitis. But that doc didnt tell me it was transmittable, just asked me if anyone else around me had it! What if I passed it on?!
In the end, I had to tell my boss I could not attend the media event. What a chance! Am still feeling very light-headed probably due to the lack of food (coz the doc was so nice to put it literally, saying everything you eat will come out, so don't eat too much otherwise it will go to waste), so I'm so sorry Diana, I can't help you at your gown fitting! Don't want to faint or puke there and spoil your exciting evening. I would really love to help though!
Anyway, the past week my liking for ANTM has been revived, so have covered a few cycles. One of the cycles that really inspired me was in Cycle 8, when one of the girls received news thru the competition that her best friend had passed away due to an overdose. And if you know ANTM, a whole bunch of gals staying together will be a whole lot of chaos. But yet, it really brought new meaning for me as a viewer when the whole team rallied around her, and a few Christians on the comp actually prayed with her daily. That made alive the gospel for me: when was the last time a non-believer was down around me and I took her hands and prayed with her? That is sharing the gospel and love of God in the most natural way!
Inspiration no.2 came from my colleague, who is learning vocals directly under Li Fei Hui, one of the top in the industry. She was telling me for the past few days, she has been sleeping only 3 hours coz her coach ended lessons late with his other students and wanted to go for supper. Even though they had to work the next day, they willingly went out with him, in the name of love and respect for their laoshi. Many of them are more than willing to give their after-work hours to go down to the school to practise their vocals when they could do it at home, just coz they wanted to be around for their laoshi anytime he needed them to demo to his newer students. And any event that he was involved in, count them all in. Talk about si3 xin1 ta1 di4 love...
I'm inspired to be a better representative of Christ and His love...in the meantime, I'm starting to use the backspace key too much...keep typing the wrong alphabets so better go back to bed.
Have a great day/night ahead everyone!