<body> <body>

Friday, July 25, 2008 @12:43 AM

DESERT SONG
VERSE 1
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

VERSE 2
This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

CHORUS
I will bring praise,
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

VERSE 3
This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

BRIDGE
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

VERSE 4
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favour and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow.

I'm so inspired by the story behind this song. It brings tears to me whenever I view the youtube vid behind it, and I see of how one woman chooses to issue her statement of intent to the devil.

Jill McCloghry is a worship leader in Hillsong Australia. At 6 months into her pregnancy, she went into labour and gave birth to little Max, who stayed in the neo-natal ICU. This happened just a week before Jill was meant to record the Desert Song. However, the day before the recording, her little boy held out no longer and left Mummy. The emotions of loss and pain raged through her, yet she said: "Sometimes I don't feel like singing to God. But I remember that my circumstance in this season doesn't change, that God is still God. It doesn't change what God's called me to be, or what He's called me to do...He's still bigger than everything that I'm facing." Strength found in brokenness...

B.Darren shared about being aggressive in spirit. One can be 'S' in personality, but in the spirit, there is a certain 'D'-ness. There is an unyielding spirit. There in an inner intent that pushes depression and disappointment out, there is an inner intent to not allow the devil an inch.

Jill mentioned she was unable to feel the presense of God the way it used to be, perhaps due to her brokenness and sadness. Yet, she knew it was going to be okay, she knew God still remains, and she kept singing. On the day of recording, the presense of God that she was so familiar with came, in power and glory.

I guess as leaders, it gets difficult to lead, to sing, to preach; when you yourself are unable to reach beyond your current struggles. The normal member can just sit back and allow herself to be ministered to, but no, you as the leader needs to take a hold of yourself and do whatever it takes to reach out to God. There is a difference between preaching versus preaching from your heart, and singing versus singing from your heart. It's a challenge to do the latter, but I want to be that- and I know the eyes of the Lord will be attracted to those who worship and lead in such manner. There will be an authority that flows from such. There will be a weight to such singing and leading.

Alot of times, there will not be a full understanding of things. Giving thanks in the midst of trials, glorifying God when negative thoughts and doubt ravage in your mind...yet, you trust that God is STILL God, He never changes. And that brings meaning to it all again.

The triumph WILL come.

& PROFILE

Zoe Gabrielle Teo

& SPEAK


& ARCHIVES

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010



Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap - Frou Frou