<body> <body>

Thursday, July 17, 2008 @1:16 AM

And now
Let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done
For us
Give thanks!

Then suddenly (okay no pun intended for those who know), this song came to me as I was about to start blogging. Y'know, it's so true that EVERYONE (no matter how solid and high-up-there one appears to be) needs to be affirmed, needs to know they matter, needs to know someone believes in them, despite their weaknesses. There will be countless times we feel so not up to it as compared to others, yet it's crucial we know God's grading system (if there must be one) does not work by bell curve (yes I hear your ahhs, uni students...), there is never a comparison with others. We are created special, unique individuals; to fulfil the calling specific for our lives; to please God, not to please people.

Anyway, on another note, there have been quite a couple of misunderstandings amongst us recently. Well, I guess in times of stress (which is a good thing for us actually huh? ;)), certain issues naturally manifest themselves. Both the pretty and not-so-pretty ones. I guess we got understand that that's just how God created us different! All are unpolished sapphires, diamonds, rhinestones etc., and when we come together, sparks fly. But it's another thing in itself to give of our talents and allow our weaknesses to be corrected. We are truly destined to make a difference. Let's move on from the past, put aside our differences, and move on yea? =) I still love YOU!

On yet another note, yes everyone knows how random I am (evident especially when I preach...haha!), was reading a colleague's blog and she was mentioning how she met a lady today who came in for a consultation that lasted more than 2 hours (normally it takes 45mins-1hour). This lady ended up sharing her hurts with my colleague, and on how she picked herself up from the valley when she met someone who was willing to love her: thus her intention to give her best and be in ideal weight.

You know, having worked with Viv for some time, I realised people have an innate need to share, if only people will listen. Viv too had her fair share of PUCs who came in with the intention to lose weight coz they wanted to look good for someone they love, they didn't want to be criticised and laughed at by others, they wanted to feel secure and good about themselves, they wanted to be able to find a job...etc. Very often, Viv will take ages in the consultation, and I learnt that was because these people will naturally be led to share their problems with her. Weight problems are an integral part of self-image, and very much linked to whether one walks confident, or bogged down by the weight physically and emotionally.

It's powerful how a my job does not just deal with the physical, but I am able to speak words of life into the emotionally wounded. It's an honor and privilege to behold: to love and manifest the love of God through our consultations. PT once told my boss that he was so excited for this vision that we have to help people achieve lifelong ideal weight healthily, coz every one needs to not only have a strong spirit, soul, but also body. Xndo...we minister to the 'body'.

I can't wait to start practising...can I not take the exams by the way then? Hee...pretty pleasE?

P/S: I realised I have not been taking any pics for eons...that explains the lack of them here. Someone please motivate me to take pics? ;)

& PROFILE

Zoe Gabrielle Teo

& SPEAK


& ARCHIVES

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010



Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap - Frou Frou