<body> <body>

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 @7:04 PM

Was just reading Val's blog and was inspired to check out past personal reports...

Here's are a few that are making me think and reflect upon now...

11th May 2004...
"Sis Jialing actually spoke to me about me being stuck in my life and not breaking through to where I should be, because although I have the members’ respect, I do not carry the authority..I really went home to reflect upon this in my QT, and God really spoke to me about the difference why I had the respect and not the authority, and about certain mindsets to be changed. Respect is really something that we win from people over time, which causes people to look up to you because of your actions. It does not require a taking charge of, and is more of a natural leadership (and in this I know I have and can do.) However, authority is something that requires one to take charge in the realm of the spirit constantly. Its not in the words or actions, but what people sense by what you carry, which makes them submit to the authority. Its about walking in the dominance you have in the spiritual realm and taking control of the constant battle between the spiritual and natural. Its also about not being complacent and feel that since others can do the job better, they should do it, but about believing in my position and speaking positive words instead of negative words that will dampen the spirit man."

Hmm, respect versus authority. Something for us leaders to ponder on.

Here's another about accountability...

7th Nov 2004...
"I remembered what Bro Chris also shared with us after service, that accountability is not so much about having to account physically to God’s given authority (though that is important), but its about knowing that in whatever you do, you are able to do it with the peace of God in you, as if Jesus is standing right in front of you looking at you doing it. In essence, as I thought about it, it’s really about godly fear."

Thought these verses are speaking to me currently too...

"Thank God that he brought me back on track again and I was really encouraged with Heb10:35-38, that says “do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance so that after you have done the will of God you may receive the promise. Now the just shall live by faith, but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” Can’t draw back from now on and live in my comfort zone where I let negativity stop me from pursuing my dreams! "

And here's one about self-control and having the strength to overcome challenges...

21st Jan 2005...
"God also spoke to me one day as my mind came back to the times...: “If you learn to exercise self- control, you learn to place a value upon something. It becomes worth the effort and you learn to cherish, to hold close and most importantly to commit to the plans of God. There lies power and love in overcoming the odds.”"

& PROFILE

Zoe Gabrielle Teo

& SPEAK


& ARCHIVES

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010



Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap - Frou Frou