Saturday, January 03, 2009
@3:37 AM
Since the last quarter of 2008, there has already been much thought of the
immensity of the change that God is about to introduce into my life. As much as I am pretty comfortable with a year of stability (comparatively), God has been speaking to me that 08 is a year of preparation for the changes soon to blast my way and change my life forever in 2009. As such, should truth be told, I did spend the last few days of my prayer life in 08 worrying and praying for the FAITH and courage to be open to these changes.
Yes, by now, everyyyooonnne has been repeating my nick to me over and again. Haha! I was telling my CG, in actual fact, that statement
'change is good' made its appearance in my MSN nick really as a reminder for myself. In essense, yes, I really needed to preach to myself and get it into my spirit, soul and body that change is going to only propel my life in one direction: forward.
As I reflected and spent time
praying for 2009 yesterday, I must admit that the many things God spoke to me about that He was going to bring about sounded
life-changing, destiny-defining and exciting to say the least, yet FEAR was tough to keep at bay. That word crept time and again into my world despite me confessing faith and the promises of God, and the changes does seem pretty daunting to me actually. And one of the key things that God kept reminding me of will stand as my key verse for the year ahead:
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." My God will expand my tent greatly in 2009. It shall be a year where reconstruction will take place. There will be sacrifices, struggles, challenges; yet it will be worth it when I stand and look back at a year where my God has taken over the wheel. New things will come, and they will stay and make a difference. Zoe, it will be
worth the fight.
It will be a
year of harvest and fruitfulness.