Monday, March 09, 2009
@2:16 AM
Was just spending some time chatting and hearing from some of the most precious women in my life recently, and boy do I love these powerful women. Their lives truly get me off the couch and sets me thinking about the potential that life itself can offer when one
chooses to win the battlefield of the mind.
As I was listening to one of them share, all I could do was to listen and look at her in awe. Things in me were stirring, thoughts were rubbing against each other, and I was truly so inspired by the challenges a person can face and yet keep
choosing to want to win despite circumstances. I'm sure she, as like all of us, do have our seasons of challenges, where the wham-bam-slams of life just keep hitting at us without fail. True, the 'quality' and 'level of difficulty' of these challenges may differ, but all the same, they get us down. Yet hearing from this woman, seeing the look in her eyes as she grits her teeth and gives her best shot at trying to stand strong through it all; in her I see what it means to
keep trusting.
In the One who will.There's just so much I've been thinking about since that conversation. There is so much more I can do, and I should do. There is so much more I should be expanding my mind, my thoughts, my tent. Yet I do admit the inertia's greater than I think it is. God give me the courage & faith to be an overcomer too.