Wednesday, March 18, 2009
@3:06 AM
Certainly, not everyone can take the heat from
up there.
It comes a point in
leadership when you don't just want to be the nicey leader who sayangs everyone anymore. It does feel good to be the leader everyone adores because you are nice, 'easy' and all, but the frustration will come when you see your sheep becoming so comfortable with that that they become so stuck in their passive, comfort zone. I guess
it takes boldness- lots of it in fact, to dare to discipline and be speak the truth into someone's life; simply coz you risk being branded as the disciplinarian who doesn't understand! I'm sure our human nature would rather we be loved than unliked!
To be frank (okay, no, I'm Zoe, but allow me to be Frank for awhile...haha!), there are so many times I have misunderstood the intentions of my leaders and the quick-to-judge Zoe has been too fast to pass a judgement on things. Yet, I feel I need to know that my leaders will always want the best for me.
Like what someone told me, they won't even bother to disciple me if I'm not worth the effort and they know I'm not mature to handle it. Hey, consider it a privilege that they consider you close enough to their heart to speak the truth in love, and know you will take it rightly! Truly,
with relationships come responsibility. It takes maturity to understand these intentions, and to still run on strong.
Can you take the fire?