<body> <body>

Monday, March 23, 2009 @3:24 AM

And some updates from the exciting week that has just past...

Went to Serimbun Camp for a Family Day event today. The ulu BUMPY roads on Lim Chu Kang leading up the place is evident in the pic below. Nevertheless, it was fun flying and shooting around! Haha...

And I'm looking forward to visiting the various Agrotech+Goat+exciting farms along Lim Chu Kang stretch soon! Also up on the list, a place that suddenly came to my memory: Sungei Buloh Nature Park! ;)Yes, I was shooting around...in the form of archery and it was so fun I didn't care about how the string on the bow was 'attacking' me whenever I took a shot. 2 shots later...this (pic below) was the reward. Argh! Snuggles (my new friend in the background) tries to offer some comfort. =(
Went to catch 'Departure', the Japanese movie with English subtitles today, with Lawr+Di+Sof, and it was one of the best movies I have ever watched, I must say. This is what I call a movie! Honestly, when Lawrence mentioned that it was a 2hr plus show, I was thinking there is no way I was going to survive it but boy, was I surprised!
Just a brief synopsis of the show: Daigo Kobayashi's life takes a turn when the band he played in is disbanded. Left with no job, Daigo, a cellist decides to move back to his hometown. At his hometown, he gets a job working as an undertaker, where he sees himself as the gatekeeper between the living and the dead. Through his job, he discovers the meaning of life and what it is all about.
Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film (which I think they did win eventually), I have now a new-found respect and interest in shows that focus on cinematographics that subconsciously infuses a feeling of warmth into you, instead of the more commonly-seen heart-tuggers found in the more mass-targetted movies we'll normally see.
Go watch this show. You'll truly enjoy it.
And that's Baa Baa joining Dopey for a car ride.
=D
Zoe Conference on 19th March 2009 was awesome beyond words. All that planning was definitely worth- the power and presense of God was simply undeniable in the place.
It has been eons since we last had our Zoe Conference, and truly we have grown from glory to glory. Was talking to Sis Angela and Rongrong during lunch and we were on the subject of how far we have come in organising Zoe Conference: the last time we were still the young ones having things organised for us, and we have truly come up to do more exciting things 5 years later.
One thing that really got me thinking from our conversation was in the word confidence. Many times, we fail to breakthru not coz we don't have what it takes, but simply coz we stop trying and become convinced that that's all that we have to offer. The WOG says 'Do not lose your confidence, for it has great reward': truly, success can only happen at the expense of trying something. It just gotta start somewhere! Like someone once told me, what have you got to lose by trying this thing? If there isn't, then why be stopped solely by the feeling of fear?!
Truly, I need to 'die' more. This will be the year where I experience death. This will ALSO be the year I experience resurrection.
Come every March, we will celebrate 3 birthdays (i.e. all except one) in the Teo family. Forgot to take a picture of Jie's bday gift last last week, but here is Daddy's! Happy Birthday!
Love how Daddy & Mummy looks in this pic! =D

& PROFILE

Zoe Gabrielle Teo

& SPEAK


& ARCHIVES

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010



Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap - Frou Frou