Friday, April 10, 2009
@1:51 AM
Woohoo it sure feels like I've been MIA-ing from blogging for some time. Been busy with SOT and tuition and exciting things, but it sure feels good to have my capacity enlarged and stretched! Life sure feels different now! ;)
I'm sure everyone's excited to hear more about SOT, but I shall keep you in suspense till the end of this post, where I promise you'll be very blessed! ;)
Anyway, went to
Seletar Airbase for dinner. Yes I know the sky probably signals lunch more than dinner, but this was 630pm at least?!

I know all you guys out there want new recommendations on new places to visit: no worries! We love exploring new places each time round, so stay tuned!
As for this place (Sunset Grill), they sure do serve a mean Buffalo Wings. They told us Level 2 of wings are slightly spicy, but they shocked every tastebud out of me and Sof truly. Yes, even the supposed-conditioned-to-spicy-food tastebud. Hmm. And it goes up to Level 20. Not for the faint-hearted really.


I NEEDED dessert after all that. This is Cheeky Chocolate along Upper Thomson Road. Many cool dessert spots along there, and if you need a chocolate fix plus nice service, do visit them! The desserts sure are yuuuuummm!
Went to Malacca for a Chillout trip the day before SOT commenced. Hee...=p
And there is Baa Baa and...the wheel, setting off at 6plus am.
It was meant to be a relaxing trip, so what's a relaxing trip without being 'driven' around right?
At some...fort? Is it ah? Haha!
My fave pic! Love the quaint-ness and feel! =)
The hours of walking called forth the massage-fans in us. So typical of those who head from the south right? And yes, the foot reflexology did leave me...stunned.
Thanks to our quest for the perfect Durian Chendol, we tried different versions till we finally found the perfect one here. The face was trying to say "I sure hope this works, otherwise wasted calories again!" =p
Last but not least...
SOT Orientation! Check out Team 21! Guys, we'll review this pic on Graduation Day in Aug and see how far we've come yea? ;)

Winners! 1st!!! Can you believe it?!
In retrospect, SOT in the past 2 weeks has been nothing short of awesome. I'm not saying it out of obligation, but the stretching in week 1 has really grown me to be a woman more sensitive to the Holy Spirit, but more than that, a greater lover for the presense of God.
Was talking to Phoebe and I found myself saying that those who find themselves entangled in the cares of this world sure need to go SOT: their lives will truly find new meaning and be re-positioned for greater things.
There is a greater faith in me to trust in the ways of God, to minister with confidence, to humble and position myself for growth, to carry a greater burden...
In ending, let me share with you guys some things guaranteed to set you thinking hard:
Teaching is the highest form of learning. When you teach, you find that your actions and words will hold you accountable. The word you preach makes you more responsible to live it out. And responsibility truly...maximises.
Delegation and discipleship is the key to church growth. Delegation= giving away what we like doing best, believing and empowering people to take over. And faith is: believing in people even before you see the best in them.
People buy-in when they feel they can contribute.
Optimum church growth happens when members become disciples.
And my favourite: The download of discipleship from a leader does not come from leadership, but in moments of CORRECTION. Correction= taking sides with God against yourself. (WOW!)
1st signs of an unteachable spirit: isolation of self.
There's so much more for me to discover, and I'm sure more excited then I've ever been before. There truly, is much more. =)