Sunday, May 02, 2010
@12:57 AM
Life is indeed like a box of assorted praline and truffle milk, white & dark chocolates...you'll never know what you'll be picking if there's no picture guide. Some choices makes us giggle with glee, some resign us to an expression of nothingness, yet others will leave our facial muscles contorted in an indescribable manner of...disgust.
Or is it better to get a box of chocolates that are all the same, with no room for guessing what lies erm...beneath the chocolate shell?
What will you choose today? The assorted chocolates, or the single-flavored ones?As someone who loves stability and predictability, the single-flavored ones seem pretty much like the obvious choice. No room for mistake, it'll always be a given. Yet, without ever taking risks to try the assorted chocolates, I'll never allow room to discover new things I may like. By cutting off the element of surprise and fearing to kiss the frogs (term credits to Victor & Wendy), I'll never be able to find the prince of my dreams. By doing something just because the rest of the world does it that way, I've allowed myself to be limited and denied God the keys to do what He may have all along wanted to do.
I really loved Janet's offering message on Friday. E441 truly is the best CG one can ever lead, and I'm so honored. More about the awesome CG someday...Today, Janet shared about her niece who has a fetish for Ribena pastilles. When presented with the option of a pack of pastilles as opposed to an angbao during CNY, the choice was clear to the little child. Nothing else mattered more than her Ribena pastilles, although that angbao could have gotten her dozens of packs! That's the way that we sometimes can become so short-sighted in our relationship with God too: fixing our eyes on the minor and missing out on the major, on what God's ultimate game plan is.
It's time to put on my God-tinted glasses once again. There is so much to do, to discover what God wants for me and to give Him 100% room to move.