<body> <body>

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 @1:58 PM

"Your presense was missed. Greatly."

I'm so blessed to have parents who love me so much- for who I am. They are the ones who see all my weaknesses in its entity, but yet they see beyond. After coming back from Aussie, Mummy was just telling me that the house was so quiet, so different without me around. No singing and crooning and vocalising (oops!). Mummy was telling me that Daddy was so feeling so weird about it- every time he walks pass a pastry shop, he had to remind himself his daughter was not home to mop up the yummies and had to stop himself from buying anything; every time after dinner he had to remind himself not to prepare peeled fruits for his daughter, and will wonder how she is in freezing Aussieland. Mummy specially bought my fave ice cream lollies to await my arrival at home. Haha! Daddy even sms-ed me to ask if they needed me to have them pick me up from the airport- and we don't have a car at home. And when I reached home, I felt so warm in my heart- this is a place I could be myself and could be loved, this is a place my voice (or singing) was missed, this is a place that needed to be filled- by Daddy's girl and only her.

Yes, I know I sound like Daddy's little girl now. But no, I am not spoilt, don't worry. Haha!

My parents have always been so sweet to me- in their own ways. They are very traditional in their upbringing and all, yet I believe its the love for their children that makes them do things beyond themselves. I remember Elena asking me in Mt Buller (yes, pics will be up soon!) if my parents are people who love me alot and are very sweet. And for that, she haven't even met my parents before or heard me talk about them! I remember there was once I mentioned I had a craving for chocs and the next day, Daddy bought me more than $80 of various chocs, and greeted me with them when I came home. Check out the post here: http://zoe-loveseedplanter.blogspot.com/2007/12/power-of-love.html.

There is nothing I can do to stop them from being so sweet to me. And I want to be there for them to- even as they age gracefully...I want to bring them overseas, buy them their favourite food, peel fruits for them, have little ones for them to play with one day (Daddy adores kids!), ensure they live happy.

If my earthly Daddy is like that, what's more my heavenly One? And this is the perfect story of the prodigal: we may have gone on a holiday in the KOG, not been fellowshipping with God for long, not been walking right with God- yet when we finally return home one day, our Father will always be awaiting with open arms, not to lecture, but to love and embrace us, and to whisper into our ears..."You are missed".

I've always known the story of the prodigal, but today I had a revelation of the magnitute of my great big God, who also happens to be my gentle, loving Abba Father (Jamie, I did not plan this post to coincide with yours). I came to know that more than just being missed as a person, our absense does mean a whole lot to Father God. Something goes missing. There is a void that can be and must be filled by me and only me. Because I am special and no one can take my place in my Father's heart. And that, is the same for you, my dear reader.

& PROFILE

Zoe Gabrielle Teo

& SPEAK


& ARCHIVES

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010



Hide and Seek-Imogen Heap - Frou Frou